I recently attended a book launch and there was something that didn't leave my mind ever since I attended the event.
As soon as you get your book signed a lady worker wearing a dark blue shirt over her saree stood by the steps that led down the stage distributing butter cookies to the readers who got their books signed.
She offered me the cookies and I took half a cookie,she insisted me to take more and I did. There was another girl who was offered the cookies by the lady too but she made a disgusting face and pushed past the lady.
I was watching all this from a distance, especially the lady's face, her face was that of a scolded puppy. She was not angry at the girl nor did she make a face, she just had a genuine concern because the girl refused the cookies.
I wondered what must be going on the lady's mind. Maybe she thought of her kids back home who would yearn for a cookie like that or maybe how insensible of the people to refuse food while she had to work so hard for it...
(Just couldn't take this incident off my mind)
As soon as you get your book signed a lady worker wearing a dark blue shirt over her saree stood by the steps that led down the stage distributing butter cookies to the readers who got their books signed.
She offered me the cookies and I took half a cookie,she insisted me to take more and I did. There was another girl who was offered the cookies by the lady too but she made a disgusting face and pushed past the lady.
I was watching all this from a distance, especially the lady's face, her face was that of a scolded puppy. She was not angry at the girl nor did she make a face, she just had a genuine concern because the girl refused the cookies.
I wondered what must be going on the lady's mind. Maybe she thought of her kids back home who would yearn for a cookie like that or maybe how insensible of the people to refuse food while she had to work so hard for it...
(Just couldn't take this incident off my mind)
A valuable msg
ReplyDeleteThank you
Delete